So I’ve been helping a lot of friends lately with how to properly and easily format a resume and one of the things that I always make sure to teach is this: how to get the dates to right-justify on the same line as the top of each item.
Lifeguard, Camp Kikinawa Summer 2009
Now instead of pressing space all the way over there is a quick and easy way to do this!
In Microsoft Word follow these steps:
- Select All (Command+A for Mac or Control+A for PC)
- Go to the Format menu > Tabs…
- Clear All (if there are any already set)
- Type in 7″ in the upper left bar, select “Right” and “None” (7″ is for .75″ margins, adjust accordingly based on your setup)
- Then click “Set”
- Click OK
- Write out your title [Lifeguard, Camp Kikinawa] then press “tab” and write the date
It’s so quick and painless and it will make it extremely easy to add new experiences to your resume! If you have other pain points in Microsoft Word, let me know and I can point you in the right direction or maybe write another post.